The Krum church of Christ is an offspring of the church of Christ that met in Bolivar. In 1893, it was agreed that it would be more convenient if all the families that lived south of Clear Creek would start meeting in Krum. The congregation met in a one room school house until 1899, when the lot where the church now stands was purchased for $25 and a meeting house was constructed. John Jones, father-in-law of O.J. Chism, and C.C. Cofer were named the first Elders. In March of 1929, a grass fire burned the building to the ground. The current building was immediately erected and additions have been made over the years.
From this humble beginning came over one hundred and twelve years of service and ministry to North Texas. More important was the growth of dedication in spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ here and around the world. This spirit of service has led to many ministry efforts locally and around the world. In addition, this family of believers has helped to train dozens of young men and women that now serve God in simple New Testament faith and serving the surrounding communities in the name of Jesus Christ. We welcome you to join our friendly family as we strive to find better ways to serve Him.